Wednesday 17 January 2007

Wednesday's Song

I could really go off on one today. One of those subjects that really polarises opinion raised its head this morning - bad driving.
Now, I do not claim to be the best driver in the world. Of course not. However, I do know Im better than a lot of drivers who have somehow obtained licenses. Two things this morning I saw on the way to work are prime examples of the sorts of stuff Im talking about. Driving at 20mph on a clear, open road with no traffic, hardly any parked cars? This causes people who want to make progress but are still driving at the speed limit, not nut cases to get angry and try and over take which in turn causes accidents. PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! YOU WILL NOT CRASH AND DIE IF YOU GO AT 30MPH!
The other thing I saw this morning (which mainly involves drivers of buses, taxis and white vans) is pulling out with no consideration for the approaching car's speed. (i.e. me!) TWICE on the way to work, as I approached a junction, a bus just pulled out in front of me. No worries about how fast I was going or anything - their attitude is just "Im driving a bus, Im pulling out, what the f*** are you going to do about it". This causes me to brake quite hard, which COULD cause a car behind me who's not paying attention to hit me up the backside.
This I think comes back to an earlier post about inconsiderate people. I think there is an overriding sense of "I'll look out for me, everyone else can go hang". Two examples there, both can be traced back to "I'll do what I want and I dont care about anyone else".
I could now get into how I think society is falling apart, how and why people are the way they are and whats caused it etc. However, I think that is for another time. Suffice it to say - Families apart, I can't remember the last time I saw someone perform a completely selfless act for the sake of someone else, with no consideration for themselves. How bad is that?
Anyway - City won last night so we're through to the fourth round of the F.A Cup. Go on the blues!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gonna be a bit controversial here -I think that Women Drivers are the worst.

Only this morning on the way into work, I was cut up by a young lady in her Ford Ka, causing me to brake sharply - not only this, but I dropped the CD that I was changing, missed a call on my mobile phone, split the coffee I was balancing on my lap AND made me lose my place in the newspaper that I was reading. And she had the cheek to give ME the bird!