Sunday 21 January 2007

Lazy Sunday afternoon

I didnt sleep too well last night. A mobile phone somewhere in the house had a very low battery. So, the low battery warning tone kept beeping every 5 minutes, which more than once woke me up. It was very windy again last night, which also kept waking me up. But the third thing that disturbed my sleep was that when I had been woken up, I'd hear 'house noises' and it would get me thinking irrational thoughts about someone being in or around the house. Its daft really - I wake up in the middle of the night and the rational part of my mind knows all the doors and windows are locked and there is no way into the house. But, hearing a knock, or a creak, or something similar at 3.30 in the morning when you're half asleep gets the darker part of your mind working. (Well it does me, anyway). As a result of all this Im feeing quite sleepy today.

Jake's football team won this morning - a good 6 - 0 (I think - lost count!) win away from home with Jake getting either 1 or 2. There's something about going to watch him play that really makes me nervous... Im sure Im not the only parent to think things like that, but its weird. A mixture of excitement, pride, nerves, dread.

As for the rest of the day? Not too sure - I might have company later for the Arsenal V Man Utd. game at 4.00, and then I suppose I'd better get myself sorted for work. Should be an interesting week this week - I have a meeting with my current and new boss (to 'hand me over' so to speak). Also, the C.I.O (Chief Information Officer) from the U.S is coming over and we have a big group meeting on Wednesday to talk about dept. plans for 2007, company plans etc.
We'll have to see what comes out of that. Anyway, have a nice rest-of-the-day listeners...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should watch the Curb your Enthusiasm episode about house noises .... very funny indeed

Anonymous said...

I am also completely irrational about house noises, especially if I am staying on my own or in someone else's house. Only last week I was looking after my sisters children and I could hear bangs coming from downstairs, I knew that it was thier hamster, but it really freaked me out. "What if it wasnt the hamster". So In the end I went downstairs and shut the hamster in the back room. Man I get freaked out easily.