Saturday 20 January 2007

At least the rains stopped...

We had a problem with our washing machine today - it wasn't draining water when it had finished. Now, I'm not the worlds most technical man when it comes to this sort of stuff, but needs must so I had to have a look. First of all, I noticed that the cold water input pipe had a kink in it... so I asked Ray Davies to pi$$ off and get out of my house. har har. Sorry. No, the cold water input had a kink in it so I thought "OK, I'll just undo it from the back of the washing machine and straighten it out". Notice the missing words from that sentence? I'll just turn the water off and then...
Cue water peeing out all over the place. D'oh! Re-connected the water pipe sharpish and then turned off the water. THEN undid the input pipe and straightened it out. Next, I had to see if the filter was blocked or something, so knelt down at the front of the machine and undid the filter at the bottom.... cue soaking part two. D'oh! Plugged the filter back in, got a tray to drain the water onto then tried again. Anyway, after sorting through the disgusting gunk in the filter and cleaning it all out, re-placed and re-connected everything and Bob's ya mothers brother - washing machine fixed.
City are playing this afternoon, so I'll update the post with the result and thereby my mood!

Half Time Update: City can't keep the ball, we have no drive, and Blackburn have totally dominated. Feeling very worried about the rest of the game. 0 - 1 down.

Full Time Update: We Lost. 0 - 3. We were utter sh*te. The thing is, when City lose it puts me in such a cr@ppy mood. I think I will open a bottle of red, relax in a hot bath and do f*ck all for the rest of the night. Sometimes I hate football.

No comments: