Saturday 13 January 2007

Saturday night with friends

*** WARNING - Some of this content may be found offensive by some people. Please be aware I have no intention of upsetting or offending anyone. These are my own thoughts and opinions. Peace and Love to everyone y'all. ***

I spent a very nice evening with a couple of good friends tonight, drinking White Russians aka Caucasians.
(The Recipe: Two shots vodka, one shot Kaluha, Ice, top up with single cream. Superb!)

Anyway, we ended up watching the Keith Allen programme from the other day about Tourettes Syndrome. I know its a terrible condition for those who suffer from it, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy for its embarrassing social impact. However... my God is it funny.
Even Keith Allen said the same... it isn't a very nice condition to have, but it is (to quote him) "f*ckin' funny!"

It also showed a few clips from the 1980's documentary "John's not mad" (which I hadn't seen before) and even that, although it was supposed to be a serious documentary about this poor boys condition, was hilarious. Tourettes Syndrome - an interesting way to spend a Saturday night!

This then presents the question of 'Guilty Pleasures' - you know the sort of things I mean. Those subjects that are seen as taboo by 'decent' society but which nonetheless cause mirth and hilarity. I will confess to finding the film 'Time Bandits' supremely funny. Not for Terry Gilliam and Michael Palin's excellent writing - but for the fact that "little people"are seen running, fighting and falling about. It never fails to crack me up.

So I throw this issue open to the general populous. Guilty Pleasures. Come one come all and CONFESS!

More nonsense tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to burn in hell....