Thursday 18 January 2007

Thursday's Child

Windy today! The wind was whipping round the eaves last night, kept on waking me up. We have something outside our bedroom window that causes the wind to whistle (not too sure what) and it sounds like a kettle sometimes, and it can get pretty annoying.
Soundtrack of the day: Bluegrass!
Im playing football this evening with a friend and his workmates - I used to play quite alot, but I've kind of retired (until Im old enough to get into a Veterans team - 35+) so my fitness is suffering. It should be a good session tonight though, it usually is. It should be interesting playing in gale force winds though.
I've also nearly finished the project I went up to Birmingham for - I think I only have about two more days effort to get it done. Which is nice.
And tonight, I have the first series of The Green Wing to watch on DVD when I get back from football - so while Im sitting there aching at least I should have something to laugh at.

Oh, and I got sent a joke today from a relative in Manchester via text. Here it is (apologies in advance for some of the language)

An octopus walks into a bar and announces "I can play any musical instrument you give me".
So an Englishman gives him a guitar and says "Go on then smart @rse"...
and the octopus proceeds to play it better than Hendrix himself.
Then an Irishman points him to the piano in the corner of the bar and says "Lets hear you on that then"...
and the octopus proceeds to play it with more talent than Elton John.
A Scotsman then says "Aye, right, lets see you play THIS then" and hands him a set of bag pipes...
After about 5 minutes of fumbling around the Scotsman starts laughing and says "Ha! not too smart now are ye - whats up, can ye no play it?"
Wherein the octopus replies....

...wait for it....


"Play it?? Im gonna f*ck her brains out when I get her pyjamas off!"

No comments: