Monday 15 January 2007

Just another manic Monday...

Well, not really. A quiet day today. Im away in Birmingham tomorrow, so its been hard to get into anything substantial. I have a list of projects to go through and their due dates, so when Im back in the office on Wednesday I should be able to get stuck in.

Rant of the day: impolite / inconsiderate people. Im amazed that there are not more fights in the office when people are so bl**dy rude. It does NOT take that much effort to say thank you, or clean up after yourself does it?
Point 1 - How many times have I held an office door open for someone (being nice, polite etc.) only for that person to walk through it and not even acknowldge you? I have a habit now of saying "Don't Mention It!" loud enough for them to hear, but I know one day soon it's all gonna kick off. Im not a bl**dy doorman, Im not standing there all day for your convenience, SAY THANK YOU you ignorant tw@t.
Point 2 - we have a communal kitchen here where you are able to make hot drinks (tea, coffee etc.) that is used by a fair number of staff. And I get so bleedin' angry when people make a mess and do NOT clean it up. I have seen people go into this kitchen, spill milk, tea, coffee all over the worktop and just walk out! Or leave a bottle of milk out of the fridge because they are too bl**dy lazy to put it away properly. And if I were to say something like "Oi, can you clean that up? / Can you put that away?" I'D end up being told to mind my own business which means I'd want to push that persons face through the wall. Can you imagine what their house is like? Disgusting.
People say I shouldn't let these sort of things wind me up - but politeness and basic hygiene costs nothing does it? This is a pet hate of mine, so I will probably return to this subject more than once (its nice to have a forum for me to air these grievances...) But for now, rant over.

Soundtrack of the day: "OK Computer" by Radiohead. (Listened to in an attempt to calm me down after nearly blowing a fuse because of the above reasons). Voted best album of the 1990's, although I dont know if I agree with that. Its alright, but I can think of better ("Definitely Maybe" by Oasis being one)

So off to Birmingham tomorrow... hopefully public transport won't let me down (ha!) and I will have some slightly interesting things to post. Have a safe Monday everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm....sounds like you've got a mild form of Tourettes.