Saturday 27 January 2007

Getting older

OK, I know Im only 34, so thats not really old, but I definitely feel like Im getting older.
My body aches more after any form of exercise (for example - played football Thursday night and even today I have a very sore lower back and my achilles tendons, for some reason, are also painful). I have more nostalgic thoughts about things I've done , and I sometimes long for when life was simpler when I was 10, 11 or 12 years old. I dont remember thinking these things when I was in my early to mid 20's... but as I said at the start, I know 34 isn't really ancient, is it, so why should I start thinking back with a rose-tinted view of past decades now?
Of course, there are some benefits... I have a wonderful family, a lovely home and a good job. I've been there, seen it and done it (well, some of it anyway!) and it amuses me when I talk to these early 20's blokes and listen to what they think is 'wisdom' - especially when it comes to women!
I dont think there is any real point or conclusion to this post today - just that getting older can suck but it does have some good points. Thoughts? Comments? Send them in to our usual address...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone feels old at some stage or another, my niece's and nephews are constantly making me feel old and im only 29. How simple life was back then, when you would knock about down the park with your mates, playing some rounders, with no worries at all. I sometimes wish I was back there, but we cant have it all.