Thursday 10 May 2007

Im in the wrong job

£235! Thats how much the electrician cost me last night.
First problem, I booked him for between 3.30 and 4.30 - and he turned up at 7.00. Then, proceeded to be the worlds SLOWEST electrician in existence. You know the sort of thing - not rushing, taking each bit step by step, calling me upstairs to check every little thing... no wonder it took him two hours. Sometimes I just wanted to scream "Hurry the f*ck up, dont you know this is costing me money!" (Of course he knew). But how about this - how about a system where instead of being charged by the hour, you have a price to start with and for every minute he takes to finish the job you take off £1? You'd see a lot quicker work then wouldn't you... no stopping to chat and ask me who I support, just in, tools out, diagnose, fix, naff off.
Found a cool site on another blog I read: XKCD
I am mostly working on a Java project today, so hopefully I'll be busy enough to make the day go quick and then playing football tonight. No plans for tomorrow, Jake has a football tournament Saturday morning, and then its the last day of the season on Sunday, so I'll be sat in front of the tube watching the scores come in.
No soundtrack of the day selected yet, but Im thinking Rage Against The Machine...

No comments: