Friday 18 May 2007

Acceptance of peoples short comings

I read a comment on another blog this morning. The blogger had posted that they were wondering why a dry cleaners could not give back their clothes clean, when thats their job. Someone had commented saying basically "maybe its your fault" etc. but the final message was "its that sense of entitlement that gets people into trouble". Bull. This is one of the problems with society - people are too ready to excuse those things that they should reasonably expect of any given service.
I mean, if YOU gave something to a dry cleaners, and they gave it back dirty, would you not think "hang on, thats not what I pay you for". This company has set themselves up, and advertised, as dry cleaners. You should be able to reasonably expect them to clean the items you give them. And if they dont, then how can they call themselves dry cleaners?
You could say they same thing of mechanics who dont fix your car as expected, customer service centres / teams who dont give you, the customer, good service. Or postal / delivery companies who dont post / deliver your goods on time. COMPLAIN people! I hear alot of noise about the British being a nation of moaners and complainers, but f*ck me if I dont get what I expect from an individual OR company, (especially if Im paying for the privilage) I make sure they know about it. There is nothing wrong with doing that. If you let them get away with it, they will keep doing it and more people will be affected. First up against the wall when the revolution comes, Im tellin' ya...

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alternative to complaining = just don't go back.

It's funny you should mention Dry Cleaning - I took a pair of trousers (don't ask) to the Dry Cleaners near where I work & they did a crap job (not literally) on them. I thought about complaining, but didn't - just haven't used them since. And if anyone I work with asks for an opinion I just tell them not to go there. Eventually enough people will get the message & market forces work for the good.

Simon said...

Where's your blog?

Anonymous said...

I've hijacked yours ;->

Like a cuckoo, me.