Monday 8 October 2007

@$&()! ripoff!!!

*** RANT ALERT ***
I've just phoned my mobile phone company - Orange - to get my handset replaced because it is not working properly. I've been paying around £5 a month phone insurance on this handset, and that works out to about £45 so far. So I phone up, go through the rigmaroll of "press 1 for... press 2 for..." blah blah blah and finally get to speak to someone. I go through fault diagnosis ("Whats the problem", "its not working", "OK") and then get told "Yes, you have a faulty phone" (I KNOW!) "and we'll get a replacement out to you tomorrow - how does that sound?"
"Perfect" says I... then the catch. "Oh, there is a £15 admin charge on replacement handsets".
W H A T ! ! ? ? I have to pay a third of the amount I've payed already even though I have insurance?! F*ckin con!! Of course, I made it clear to the phone jockey at the end of the line that I wasn't angry at her, but Geez, what a rip off. So I basically said stuff the insurance claim, I'll deal with the problem myself. Mobile phone companies... bunch of arse mate.

1 comment:

Charlie Naseweis said...

Orange are becoming a nightmare to deal with over the telephone - mainly because they outsource their call centres abroad & the staff there cannot understand English.