Wednesday 24 October 2007

Airport Scrum

Something that winds me up, but shouldn't really... in fact, it winds me up but I also find it amusing.
You're at the airport, sitting at your gate waiting to board. You have your seat allocation (if you're like me, you like sitting near the front of the plane, so say you're in row 2). The gate monkey comes onto the PA and says "Good morning, welcome to blah blah airlines. We would now like to invite people seated through rows 27 to 20 to board. Thank you". Cue mass surge toward the gate entrance. Its almost as though people think "Got to get on the plane, it'll go without me!" or "Must get a seat, I dont wanna stand for the whole flight!" I mean, people, its not a bus! You have a seat! Its NOT gonna taxi to take off without your fat pimply arse sat in your seat! And then every third person you hear "No madam, we're only boarding rows 27 to 20, not row 8 yet, please step back until we call your row". The PA announcement was clear enough for you to hear it calling you, so why didnt you hear it was NOT your row yet? I must admit, during my early years of flying, I was one of those sheep that jumped up and tried to board (although I wasn't THAT bad - I did wait for my row to be called) but now I try and be the last person on - I sit, and watch, and laugh at the mindless drones piling up round the gate and try and wait until the last second before I shift my bulk toward the gate entrance.
Just another little bit of life that is amusing, but can make me feel mild urgings to slaughter innocent people. (Just kiddin...)
Have a good Wednesday people.

No comments: