Monday 29 October 2007

Another slog...

The start of another working week. And with nothing to look forward to, its just a succession of get up, go to work, come home, go to bed. Am I wrong to want to have something each week to really look forward to? I know a lot of people would say "you're lucky, you have a family to come home to, a nice home" etc. etc. and dont get me wrong, I do feel lucky to have all that - but isn't life that little bit better when you have a real highlight each week, something to work towards? Im not being selfish, I know I have more in my life than a lot of people, but I think it's nice to have something each week that makes you think "Yeah, lookin' forward to that".
For example, this week, I have the following on:
Today work, tonight taking Jake to his weekly Watford football training.
Tomorrow work, tomorrow night nowt.
Wednesday work, Wednesday night nada.
Thursday work, Thursday night football (ok, this is a good thing, but I do it so often its not really something to get over excited about)
Friday work, Friday night nuffin'.
See what I mean?
I dont want people reading this post and saying stuff like "then arrange something for yourself" or "you're doin more than me!" because thats not the point Im trying to make. Im just trying to say, I think the week is better when there is a real highlight in it. Thats all.
Anyway, whatever you're doing with your week, have a good Monday.
Soundtrack of the day: "Going For Gold" by Shed Seven.

1 comment:

Charlie Naseweis said...

I reckon you should take up a new hobby.