Friday 26 October 2007

Another day... another year

Friday at last. I've had this stinking cold all week, so Im looking forward to the end of the day so I can go home and be ill properly.
And yes, another year older today. 35. F*ck me. I know it sounds daft, but I feel no different to when I was 21... alright, my hair is disappearing and changing colour, my body mass has increased slightly, I ache more, it takes longer for my body to get going in the morning, hangovers make me feel like I've died after something had crawled into my mouth, shat, then died... but inside my own little head, I really feel no different. So happy birthday to me, you old bastard.

We've had new lights put in at the office. Before, we had the normal yellowish strip lights in the ceiling - but they've been replaced by these new bright white ones. I walked in this morning, it was like walking into a hospital. I expected a load of people to be running around shouting "STAT!" and "Get The Crash Cart" and stuff. And my it makes my skin look a very nasty pasty shade, like I've been living in a basement for 5 years.

Anyway, have a good Friday, and if I dont get to post, a good weekend. If you're having a drink later, raise a glass to me and think of my poor body aging like a old piece of fruit... slowly, making it go soft and squidgy, and smelling badly. Peace.

3 comments:

Charlie Naseweis said...

happy birthday you old git

Unknown said...

Happy birthday - 35 eh? You don't look a day over 34!

Will raise a glass to you on Sunday afternoon as I wont be drinking until then (see http://www.justgiving.com/greatsouthruss for details)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! May your swash never buckle...
And I am almost a decade older than you and i feel the same- young on the inside but looking oldish on the outside. Just make sure you don't look in the mirror too often because it can give you problems keeping the youngish feelings going.
I have dispensed with mirrors in my house so I don't have those problems.

Hope you feel better very quick. It would suck to spend your birthday weekend in bed.