Wednesday 17 October 2007

Bloody frustrating

Im on a project on the moment that is going quite well, but Im at a point where I can't really do any more until another developer has done his bit - and this developer is the U.S, which delays things even further what with the different time zone... Its annoying because I know once I have this extra data, I will be able to get my parts finished reasonably quickly, and that means I can move onto another Java project that I've been earmarked for. *sigh*.

A while ago I tried to subscribe to the magazine "Wired". I sent off the form (online) paid the fee etc. and waiting in anticipation for my first issue. THREE MONTHS later, still no magazine. Those who know me can probably guess how I felt about that. After a long email conversation back and forth between myself and the Wired customer 'services' (ha!) team, I basically lost it and told them in no uncertain terms to stick their subscription where the monkey keeps his nut. And what turned up in the post yesterday? Yes, the latest issue of Wired. So now Im torn between keeping the subscription cancelled, or re-applying hoping that because there are a couple of issues 'in the system' for me I wont see such a big gap between them. To be honest, I'll probably re-apply and see what happens... glutton for punishment I know, but I do like the magazine, and its hard to get hold of over here. (For those who dont know, its an American magazine).

Soundtrack of the day: Old School Hip-Hop again... Beasties, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, NWA on a random selection. Yeaahh Boyyeee....

Finally, Im hoping to kill Windows Vista on my home laptop this Friday. Im fed up of the slow responses, the 15 questions you have to say yes to to get anything done and the memory usage. I've ordered the XP discs (see earlier post) and hopefully they'll be here today so I can go to my good friend's house and get it done. Die Windows Vista, Die! Peace.

Update: Oh, two cool things last night... James May and Oz Clarke have started a new series of their 'Wine Adventures' - this time in California. First episode last night, and it was good telly.
And, I drunk three quarters of a bottle of Pino Grigio Rose... very nice indeed.

No comments: