Monday 28 September 2009

Played one game, won one game.

Yes, my first run out for Wilmslow Town was a success. We won 2 - 0 away against Mobberley Rangers. As I had hoped, I started from the bench as a) it was my first game and b) I'm unfit! and I came on for the last 25 minutes or so. I didn't embarrass myself (I think) and more importantly didn't make any mistakes, which is all you can hope for on a debut. I'm hoping I did enough to be included in the squad for next week, and then as each week goes by and I get fitter I'll take part for longer in the games.

Jake didn't fair as well - he played a game on Saturday & a game on Sunday, and lost both, although he did score two in the second game on Sunday. Between you & me, the team he's in isn't as good as he's used to. He is probably one of the best in the team, even the best - and I know that sounds biased, but it could be true. The thing is, although it's a nice team, with a nice bunch of boys and the manager is a really nice bloke, it's not a good footballing side. So, Jake & I have decided that he'll play for them for a few weeks, see how it goes, but if they do not improve, we may have to look elsewhere. I know, I know, it sounds harsh doesn't it, but to be fair he needs to be playing at a high standard as a) he's capable of it and b) it's the only way he'll improve as a player. Watch this space.

This week - I'm going to watch City tonight for the first time this season, so looking forward to that, and then the rest of the week should be quiet. I'm going to find out today if I have to go to Birmingham this week (hope not!) and if I don't then I don't really have any other plans.

So, how was your weekend?

Peace.

Update: I just found out that Adam "MCA" Yauch has throat cancer. For those that don't know, he's the oldest member of the hip-hop group The Beastie Boys. It made me a little uncomfortable knowing this. I've been a fan of the group for ages, since License To Ill actually, and so I've almost grown up with them, and finding this out... I dunno, it kinda made me sad. However, reading his press release, it looks like he is going to be able to have an operation which will remove the cancerous gland, and he should make a full recovery. So that's good. Their new album "Hot Sauce Committee Pt 1" will be delayed (it was due out on Sept. 15th) but when it does come out I'll be getting hold of a copy. So remember kids - You gotta fight. For your right. To paaaaaarty!

No comments: