Thursday 8 January 2009

A sense of accomplishment

My windscreen washer wasn't working on the car. "Shite" I thought. It could be the pipes, the pump, the nozzles... I was envisioning an expensive trip to the garage and having to sell a kidney to pay for it. However, after a bit of thought, I decided to try the fuse. So off to the local car parts store I toddled, 30p well spent and a new 10amp fuse in my pocket.
Got home, popped the bonnet, fuse inserted... psshhhhh!! Perfect.

Now I know it's not a big job, but that sense of "nice one - job done" was a welcome one today.
I believe more and more in the adage "Hope for the best, expect the worst". The more I adopt this attitude, the better things seem. More than once I've had a phone call to make, or an appoinment, or a conversation to have with someone, and living by this little motto really helps.

Anyway - Friday tomorrow so things will look even better. Have a lovely evening all...

No comments: