Monday 19 January 2009

R.I.P Tony Hart

I only just found this out...

Popular artist and children's presenter Tony Hart has died, aged 83.
I remember his programs with much fondess - Take Hart, Vision On, and Hartbeat. His enthusiasm was contagious and if I had been lucky enough to have him as my art teacher in school, my life could have turned out a lot differently. And who can forget Morph, and his evil alter-ego Chas? In honour of the sad passing of this man, I will be talking like Morph for the rest of the day while I'm here in the office, and if anyone doesn't like it, tough.

BBC News Article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There,
I agree with you he was a great presenter and made art look very easy.

I will always remember the gallery in which the kids sent in there drawings. The children are our age now..... if not older.

I always wanted to draw like Rolp nad Tony Hart.....

Bring on Morph...... ;-0)