Monday 19 February 2007

Why people need wing mirrors

This is not the first time this has happened to me, and its probably happened to some of you listeners out there. Allow me to elaborate. I was out and about this morning, and twice someone in front of me either suddenly stopped or changed direction.
First of all, I was walking through the local shopping centre, (quite fast, as I usually do), and I came up behind a middle aged woman. The though process in my mind was something like "accelerate round to the left and go past her" but just as I got there she stopped dead. Just like that. She wasn't even looking into any shop window or anything she just... stopped. It was only my quick reactions that stopped her getting a rather nasty surprise from behind IF you get my meaning. As it was, I just managed to swerve round her and catch a "Oh, sorry..." as I walked away.
I then had to pay a visit to the local supermarket. As Im walking down one of the aisles with someone to my left they just suddenly turn to their right and walk straight into my shopping basket. Judging by the look on their face as I tutted and walked off, it hurt their knee quite badly. My fault? Sh*t no. If they had only looked before they walked where they did.
This happens in a lot of places, Oxford Street in London being a PRIME example - tourists, old people, mothers with lots of kids, teenagers it seems that all sorts of people can be culprits.
There are only two solutions I can see. Install wing mirrors and indicators from birth, or just push the f*ckers down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shut it you miserable ginga tosser...love Jon x

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Anonymous said...

It's like that in Hemel Hempstead. Only problem is, nobody uses their eyes! They just don't look where they're going!! HMPH!!

Simon said...

Anonymous - thank you for visiting these old posts and leaving comments. Do I know you though??