Wednesday 7 February 2007

Snow's a-comin...

All the news and weather websites are going on about the snow tomorrow. I've asked permission to work from home because I dont really fancy travelling in it, and seeing as I can do my job from here, its not that much of a problem. Im looking forward to waking up and seeing how it will look in the morning.
So what have I done for my day off today? Well, knackered my driver for one! I went to the driving range for about an hour today. Got my ball token, got my bucket of balls, and warmed up with my seven iron. After a few swings, thought to myself "Right, lets get the big stick out". Set myself up (with the new stance I got from my golf lesson - it really works as well... more on that later). Swung back, through the ball... *CLANG!* "What the F***?!" The mat you play off in the bay was set too far back, so as I followed through my club had smashed into the metal supports over my head. A real "You've Been Framed" moment. Thats my driver knackered. There is now a big dent in it. :-(

Luckily I have on order a new driver anyway... it should be turning up sometime early next week.
As for the new stance - the pro I had the lesson with only really changed the width of my feet, the distance I stand from the ball and the shape of my back but my God what a difference. Whereas before two or three drives out of ten would end up going pretty straight and on the fairway (which of course means seven or eight of them would have me cursing and paying a visit into the deep rough) with my new stance six or seven of them end up where I want them to go. This still isn't perfect, obviously, but with time and practice with this new stance my consitency should really improve.
Enjoy the snow tomorrow listeners, maybe I'll post some pics of what I see in the morning (if I can be @rsed!)

No comments: