Saturday 10 February 2007

I hate football

Jake had his first guitar lesson last night, with a tutor called Christelle. She's a session guitarist as well as a registered guitar tutor.
She started with the very basics (the high 'E' string) and taught him the notes 'E', 'F', and 'G'. He is full of enthusiasm and really keen to learn which is good. And Christelle is very good at what she does so the next few weeks should be very interesting.
Now for football. City lost again today (2 - 1 away at Portsmouth) and the annoying thing is, I actually got my hopes up. We were 1 - 0 down, and then equalised and really came back into the game - but when they got the winner it really was a kick in the knackers. So now, I dont want to watch match of the day or anything like that. Jake didn't train today because of the weather but he does have a match tomorrow. So, my only hope is that he restores my love of football by winning!
Rest of this week, what do I have on? Not much! Should be a quiet week, as I dont have any plans, but who knows what will come up. The only thing thats kind of planned is a drink on Friday night... but we'll have to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the same. Whenever my team lose I cant watch Match of the day! To make it worse they show it 3 times now so it is hard to avoid!
CITY are rubbish though.
Start off mediocre and then forge a 'run' of two wins in a row!
Pearce should stick to the England job as at least no-one really CARES about their results! Let the mascot have the CITY job so he/she can go out at night and NOT be recognised! Barton should play for that chinese football team that kicked off at QPR! Apparently they are doing a remake of Troy, Barton will play the one that kills Achilles!