Tuesday 13 February 2007

I wish...

... I had more bottle. I've been playing quite a bit of guitar recently, and more and more I wish I could work up the courage to play and sing in front of people. I know Im not really good enough to carry off something like that to a paying audience, but in front of friends I think I could do it. I get a very pleasureable thrill thinking about it - playing and singing a set of songs and seeing the appreciation on peoples faces. However, when it actually comes to it, Im very shy and know that I dont have the nerve to do it. I can quite happily play and sing to myself, and even though Im no Elvis my voice sort of stays in tune... but in front of people is another matter.

I was thinking of a set list this lunchtime, and it would start off something like this:

"Spaceman" (Oasis)
"(You've got to) Hide Your Love Away" (Beatles)
"Rocking Chair" (Oasis)
"Fake Plastic Trees" (Radiohead)
"Fade Away" (Oasis)

and some of the other songs I'd want to play are "Married With Children" (Oasis), "Lucky Man" (The Verve) and maybe one or two others.

A list of favourites

Beatle: John Lennon
Rolling Stone: Keith Richards
Crisp Flavour: Cheese & Onion
Non-alcoholic Drink: Diet Coke
Alcoholic (beer): Budweiser
Alcoholic (spirit): Bourbon
Alcoholic (cocktail): White Russian
Author: Stephen King
Tea or Coffee: Tea
Meat: Beef
Poultry: Chicken
Takeaway: Chinese
If I Were A Monster I'd Be: a Vampire

More (maybe) another day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For your encore, would you play "Fluffy Bunnikins"?