Sunday 4 November 2007

Well dont I feel a pratt

I think I could have broken my ankle... well at the very least its a bad sprain and I've knackered the ligaments. Thing is, I did it in such a stupid way.
On Saturday, I was at training with Jake as usual. I kicked one of the balls and it went near one of the younger age groups that train at the same place, and he started running off with the ball. So I gave chase (you know, "come back here, Im gonna get ya!" I mean he was only about 6!) and as I was running across part of the park my left foot went down a little hole on the field and I went over on my ankle. Badly. I've done it before, and it started to swell, so the rest of the day I was limping around. Anyway, by this morning (Sunday) it had eased off quite a lot (but still a bit tender) so we went to watch Jake's match. The game kicked off, and after about two minutes the ball gets cleared off the pitch, in the air, toward me. So I jump up, controlled the ball in the air with my right foot, and landed on my left foot.... wallop. It turned over again, exactly the same way as Saturday. I was shouting and screaming like a stuck pig, rolling around on the floor. I was in agony. So now, Im lookin at my foot (which is up on the sofa) and its swelled to the size of a balloon. I was going to go to the hospital this afternoon but I will wait until tomorrow to see if the swelling goes down at all. I've had this sort of injury before, but I dont think its been this bad, hence the theory that it might be more than ligament damage. Anyway, suffice to say Im in a lot of pain at the moment, and anything I need to do I need to do hopping. Oh, but Jake's team won, (2 - 0) and Jake scored. Luckily I had a brief lucid period between pain attacks and saw his goal!

More updates tomorrow listeners.

No comments: