Monday 12 November 2007

Welcome to the family

We have a new member of the Molloy clan. A three month old whippet puppy called Shadow (named by our son). His pedigree name is Rising Shadow.
I will post a picture of him when I can get him to sit still long enough!
We collected him on Saturday afternoon, and my God a more lively bundle of energy you haven't seen! For those of you that dont know, having a puppy in the house is almost like having a baby. You need to worry about where he goes to toilet, when, what he can and can't play with, and getting him to sleep at night. Saturday night and last night has been a struggle. Saturday night I was the one who kept getting up to calm him down (22.45, 23.30, 00.15) and then every couple of hours you'd hear him crying and that would wake me up. So I had a grand total of about 3 hours sleep. Last night was slightly better... but I think part of it was I was so knackered that I slept through more of it - I only woke up three times to hear him whining.
So the next few days are gonna be tough, but I know once he's settled he'll be an excellent new member of our family. Emma will be working from home all week, and that's part of the reason we got him, for companionship for her while Im at work and Jake's at school. But I feel a bit bad for her today handling him on her own for the first time!
Anyway, that was the big news from the weekend... (Jake's team lost 2 - 0, poor lad, and City drew 0 - 0 away from home, a good result).
Have a good Monday all.

No comments: