Tuesday 13 November 2007

I need sleep...

OK, I know its only been three nights he's stayed with us, but good God Im knackered. The newest member of the Molloy clan just can't settle at night. Last night I had about 3 and a half hours unbroken sleep, but the rest was up and down about 3 or 4 times. I keep telling myself this wont go on forever, and he will calm down and get used to sleeping at night, but my body also keeps telling me its too old for this shit!
So far, he has been sleeping in a cage, similar to that which he slept in when he was with the breeder. But tonight we are going to try him out of his cage, with the run of the kitchen. That way, as his bladder control isn't brilliant at the moment, if he needs to go to the loo, he can just get up and pee on these special pads you can get for puppies, rather than pee in his bed - Im thinkin that may be part of the problem, he needs the loo so he cries, then can't hold it, then because his bed is damp he can't settle again. We'll see how that pans out tonight. (I've got visions just now of coming down to a wrecked and pee'd on kitchen tomorrow morning!)
I'll update tomorrow with how we go - and I know its a long shot, but if anyone out there has any tips on getting puppies settled in their new homes, please feel free to write in to the usual address!
Soundtrack of the day: "Grinderman" by Grinderman.

No comments: