Thursday 8 November 2007

Crutches and teryaki sirloin

See, amazing powers of recovery. Im more or less walking normally now. I can still feel the pain when I move my foot in the wrong direction... and it still feels quite weak... but Im not hobbling around like an invalid anymore.
I know this is a bit sad, but I was really excited about my dinner last night. I tried something new. I bought myself a sirloin steak, and before cooking it, I marinated it in teryaki source for about four hours. Then, got the griddle nice and hot before cooking it for about 4 - 5 minutes each side (sizzle sizzle!). Then, let it stand for about 5 minutes before eating... My God. It was SO nice.
Perfectly cooked, with a nice pink colour right in the middle. And because of the marinade it had such a sweet taste. Highly recommend it!
Next I want to try something new with fish... scallops, or some nice meaty fillet like bass.
Slightly girlie confession, but I really enjoy cooking...the problem is, the current Mrs. Molloy is a vegetarian, and number one son won't really try anything too exotic, so anything unusual I cook will only really be for one. The other alternative is to host a dinner part for a couple of friends who aren't veggies, then I can really go to town. Maybe I'll plan something soon... I know one particular friend won't need a second invite... he likes his food, especially FREE food!
Ho hum... have a good Thursday listeners.
Soundtrack of the day: "Enema Of The State" by Blink-182 (my mp3 player is set to random today...)

2 comments:

Charlie Naseweis said...

invite accepted! yum yum

Anonymous said...

Free food almost tastes as good as free beer!

Pay me a visit in Australia and ill cook you a real steak, not these pre packaged sainsburys blouse steaks.

GRR