Thursday 21 June 2007

Summer Solstice

So its the longest day today. I'd imagine a load of hippies were up at Stonehenge dancing round this morning. All I know is its hot, sticky, and my hayfever is STILL acting up. Bastard.
Ive been feeling quite tired this week... not too sure why, I've not been doing anything unusual, but each day this week I've been woken up by the alarm, as opposed to waking up three or four times before the alarm, which is very unusual for me. And that was a long sentence with lots of commas in it.
I have decided to try and learn more Spanish. I know a very little (the usual "Hello", "How are you", "Please", "Thank you") but as we're going to Spain in August I'd like to know a bit more. There is someone here in my office who is fluent, so I can practice what I pick up on him.
Its one of those situations where your parents are right, but you can't see it until later in life, similar to the musical instrument thing. They tell you when you're young and in school that "you should keep going with your languages, you'll appreciate it in later life" and "you should keep playing that instrument, you'll really appreciate it when you get older" but at that age you just dont listen and think "sod it, I can't be arsed" and now what happens... Im struggling with the guitar, and wish I had kept playing musical instruments when I was younger (I used to play the violin) and I really wish I could speak another language or two (Spanish, Italian, French...). So listen to your parents kids... they KNOW what they're talking about. And don't do drugs, or something.
Soundtrack of the day: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" by Modest Mouse. (It rocks). Peace.
Update: See, I was right...
Update II: Pidgeon Score - 1 shot 1 clean kill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GP's Cuckoo Blog.

After much prompting I have signed up on facebook. It's cool. Have you?