Saturday 1 January 2011

New year, new post

As I've already mentioned on my Facebook & twitter status updates, 2010 kicked my arse. It changed my life beyond recognition, it changed me as a person, and it changed the way I think and feel about a load of things. It kinda sucked, you know?
As with every new years day, you never know what the year will bring. I mean this time last year I was (I thought) happily married and secure in my life. Roll on a few hours in my life's show reel and a massive bomb explodes (metaphorically) in my life and everything changes.
Anyway. New year, new start etc. I have made no new years resolutions - not because I think I'm perfect but let's be honest who actually sticks to them? And why should it take a new year to want to change something about yourself? I WILL be giving up alcohol for a month, for two reasons:
- to help lose weight
- because I've been drinking far too much recently and it's not been healthy

And I will be blogging more. At the time of writing this (cup of tea on the go and still in PJ's) I have no idea what I'll be blogging about but more effort will be made. I have been told by at least one person that I write well so why not keep doing it?
Ooh, and I just remembered - I need a new toaster and I'm actually excited about buying one. Awesome. Middle age here I come!
So there we go. Welcome to 2011. I hope it finds you well and continues peacefully for you.

2 comments:

Jonathan Creaser said...

Good luck with the toaster. So many people have got their fingers burnt when trying to decide which one to buy, nasty business :-))

Simon said...

Awesome - your comic timing is impeccable