Monday 24 January 2011

In the words of Elton John

Hello campers.
I had to work from home today. What with the car being off the road I couldn't get to work. And I can't lie, it's been blissful. I didn't even bother getting dressed I just spent all day in PJs sat at my laptop coding.
I had the chance to cook something properly for the first time in ages so I made a fresh tomato and garlic sauce to have with some spaghetti for lunch and it was awesome.
Elton John was once asked what the weirdest thing he had ever put in his mouth was, and he responded "a clitoris". Now what I had today was probably one of the weirdest things I've put in my mouth but not with the same comic effect as Mr. Eltons experience. Yesterday I watched one of Jamie Olivers "30 minute meals" programs (I have the book - it's brilliant). In this episode he was making tapas and one of the dishes was a meat and cheese board as a starter. During the show he was preparing the cheese and said "right, if you've not tried this you have to do it THIS MINUTE. This is an unbelievable taste". He cut a small piece of cheese (manchego I think) and then poured a little honey on it and then sprinkled a little bit of instant coffee granules on top... I know, right?? Wtf?!
Anyway, I thought "I'm gonna try that".
So today, I did. I used some good quality cheddar, some honey and some coffee granules. I cut a little piece of cheese, poured on the honey and then sprinkled the coffee.
"I can't believe I'm doing this" thinks I. 1, 2, 3...
Well I won't lie to you all. It was... Weird. But the taste, although not 'unbelievable' as per Mr. Oliver, was really very good. Unusual but in a really really good way. I will be having it again. And I recommend it.
Cut a chunk of cheese about 1" by 0.5" square, pour on enough honey to cover the top (not too much but not too little either) and then sprinkle on some coffee. Again, just a little not too much. Then put it all in your mouth, chew, savour and swallow. Trust me.
Night folks.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: