Wednesday 12 January 2011

It's here and it's awesome

So I've gone from the iPhone to...
The HTC Desire.
Let me explain why first. I still love Apple products and I am still in love with my iPad. Of the reasons for swapping to the Desire, having enough of Apple isn't one of them. The main reason I suppose is boredom. I'm the same with cars, and music, and books - I get bored easily. The chance to upgrade with relative ease and limited financial penalty was too good to miss and after discussing with my trusted technical guru (Mr. P Snr) the Desire was the phone for me. After some initial worry with getting contacts across everything now is up and running (there is a minor niggle that my facebook news feed isn't updating but that's minor and sortable I'm sure).
So far - I'm very impressed. Smooth, quick, easily customisable and lovely to use. I will really enjoy getting to grips with it over the next few days.
Oh, and the saga of actually getting it delivered? They still delivered it to the wrong address. I had a card from the courier through my letter box when I got home tonight and after swearing, kicking the wall and cursing all things courier related I read the card... "your item has been left with your neighbour". A woo hoo!! So as I now have my phone I have no reason to phone O2 again and shout at them. I'll do a more in depth review when I've used it some more.

6 comments:

jojohedgehog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Simon said...

I didn't say with people did I...x

Anonymous said...

Glad it turned up - but I enjoyed reading the saga, it was very funny. Nothing's simple these days and I won't be surprised if you find some other reason to phone O2 for a rant.
BTW my Nokia 1209 is still going strong and hasn't exploded yet. You can get one for less than £20. You can make phone calls on it and send text messages!

Hope your achilles tendons are on the mend.

SueH

Simon said...

Thanks for laughing at my discomfort Sue! (Just kidding - thank you for continue to read my blog).
I was still tempted to phone them actually to say they STILL didn't follow my instructions - but they would only say "You have the phone don't you?" do there's no point.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about still been miffed that they hadn't followed your instructions - even though by sheer fluke it turned out to be okay. I was expecting your delivery on Thursday - if you know what I mean - although the way it's gone it could quite feasibly have turned up here!
Might have to buy a new phone myself one day but I'd have to psyche myself up to cope with the stress!

SueH

Simon said...

If I knew I would have gone through all this, I would have just gone straight to Carphone Warehouse and bought the handset from there. It would have been less stressful. Still... I can now enjoy my new phone and I'll be reviewing it properly on here in the next few days