Friday 1 February 2008

Sensible head

I must be getting older. Im not going to get that car now, my sensible head won through over night and I've decided I can't stretch to the extra finances. Now I've made the decision, Im relieved. All I need to do to feel good about my own car again is get it valeted, because when I do that I really enjoy driving it again. Dont get me wrong, its not a travelling pig sty, but its a bit grubby and muddy inside (football boots from number one son) so when its all cleaned up its pretty spotless.
Anyway, now thats out of the way, there's not much else to do this weekend. Football with Jake Saturday morning, watching City Saturday lunchtime, then the RBS Six Nations starts this weekend so I'll be watching the English batter the Welsh Saturday afternoon.
Sunday Jake has a match and then it'll be chillin out in preparation for work on Monday(!)
OK, a question to get some comments coming in...
If you had to do without one of your five senses for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Touch, Smell, Sight, Hearing, Taste? (Advance apologies for anyone reading this who is already deaf, or can't taste, or is reading this via braille etc. No offence intended!)
Have a good weekend people, more posts soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If I had to lose one of my 5 sense it would definately have to be smell.

Teste: I love food too much to lose my sense taste.

Touch: Losing touch would be weird. It would be like when your arm goes numb from lying on it funny in bed. I'd be far too clumsy if I was like that all over.

Sight: If I lost my sight I'd probably enjoy visiting Vicarage Road a bit more but I'd miss driving and seeing my daughter grow up.

Hearing: Pardon?

Charlie Naseweis said...

I would miss Hearing the least.

I love food too much to lose Taste.

Sight is just too much of a loss. As well as being hazardous, I would miss stuff like visiting Loftus Road, driving, watching my nephew grow up, & copying Russ's answers.

Smell, I think is an under-rated sense. Think of things like smelling a glass of wine before you take the first sip, freshly cut grass in the summer, and the smell of a latex gimp suit. Also, if you weren't able to smell, you might not know you've trodden in dog shit until several days later....

Touch - I would miss popping bubble wrap.

So Hearing has to go I'm afraid. I would still be able to remember music in my head, and as far as communication is concerned, I would learn sign language.

Unknown said...

Hearing, for sure! i'm already slightly hard of hearing so it's no big stretch.
I'll be back to comment later. Sorry I haven't been attentive. Just fighting the blahs again.

Unknown said...

But russ, your sense of smell is almost entirely in charge of your sense of taste. Ask any wine person...
Go with hearing...just think- no more ranting or backtalking from kids, spouses, bosses, policemen, hookers...
Just kidding.
Charlie-omg, a GIMP SUIT?! you are a gem.