Monday 30 April 2007

Bye Bye Beer

Another quiet weekend. City lost (no surprise there) but apart from that there wasn't really anything notable that happened in my little world this weekend.
I have decided, for the sake of my waistline, to see if I can give up beer for the month of May. (When I say beer, I actually mean all alchohol). I want to see if this helps me lose the extra poundage I seem to be putting on. Who knows, if it goes well, maybe I can stay off the booze for longer. I am going to have a couple of cold ones tonight while watching the football on TV, then that will be it. Oh, I am allowing myself one special dispensation - next weekend we are away in Weymouth with Jake for his football tournament, and to save being labled 'boring' etc. I will probably have a couple there. But that will be it.
My hayfever, I think, is starting as well. This morning I noticed my nose playing up in the usual way, so the next four weeks or so are going to be pretty miserable for me.
Finally, its Happy Anniversary to my parents tomorrow, and its their birthdays the following week.

Zen-ism of the day: Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

No comments: