Tuesday 24 April 2007

Parking problems

I dont usually get annoyed by this, but I noticed business man, in a more-or-less brand new BMW, parking in a mother and child spot in Sainsbury's today. I do not agree with this at all. His argument was "its quiet and I won't be a minute" when I questioned him (I know, I shouldnt get involved, but what can you do?) and yes, the car park wasn't rammed and no doubt he was just popping in and out - but how out of order is it to take a space reserved for mothers and children?
I couldn't really say too much to him, seeing as I was just walking out of the store and I didnt have Jake with me... but Oh, how I wish I DID have Jake with me, in the car! That would have been an argument worth having. Its almost as bad as parking in disabled spaces - a member of our family is in a wheelchair and I know how valuable these spaces are to him, and seeing perfectly able bodied people taking the space gets on my wick. Ooh, and another thing, what about those people with disabled badges in their car, who can legally park in the disabled spaces but when they get out of the car, look fine? Now, Im not gonna start taking the pi$$ out of ANYONE about this, or assume they are fine when there could be something seriously wrong with them... but you see some people and they do not look like walking is a problem. They park up, jump out the car and stroll quite comfortably into where ever... they may have an eye or ear problem that counts as disabled, or they may be mental (like this bloke) but does that mean they can't walk? Doesn't look like it sometimes.
(Note: I do not wish to cause offence by any of this, its just my opinion. If you dont like it, or have a comment please feel free to send it to me or blow it out ya @rse).

Soundtrack of the day: "Year Zero" by Nine Inch Nails.

Zen-ism of the day: Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Peace.

No comments: