Monday 2 November 2009

My Father

Forgive the length of time since my last post. I just re-read it actually, and I can almost see myself sitting at my desk writing it, thinking my world was pretty much OK.

When I arrived home on that day (Thursday, 22nd of October) I was told that my father had passed away.

To say it was a shock is a massive understatement. He wasn't a sick man, or a weak man. He had been suffering from 'flu like symptoms' for about a week, and this had weakened him. It then appears he suffered a massive heart attack, and died at home. The post mortem has since revealed that he had an underlying 'coronary artery condition' that had never been picked up, and because he was weak from the 'flu like symptoms' his heart couldn't take it.

To say we are devastated is an understatement. My mother is of course destroyed, my sister is extremely upset and distraught.

I know you all wish to pass on your condolences to myself and my family, and I appreciate them all, but please don't feel the need to comment here. As you can all imagine, although this is extremely painful for me, I want to move on and not dwell on the misery and sorrow.
I loved my father very much, and I know he would not want me spending longer than necessary feeling like this. I will miss him a great deal, and will mourn him for a long time, but life goes on. I have a wife and son to look after, and a job to do, so I soldier on.

We are holding my father's funeral this Wednesday, so as you can imagine I won't be posting much then, but I will be back, and the best thing for you all to do for me is carry on as normal.

Thank you.

R.I.P Terry Molloy. 12/05/1950 - 22/10/2009.

1 comment:

Manuel said...

Simon.....I truly feel your pain as I lost both my parents this year and Wednesday is my birthday, the first without them. There'll be no phone call and no card a day late. Heh.

There's nothing I can say here that you don't already know. It's gonna be tough for a while. Let ti the fuck out and take yer time.

My thoughts are with you and your family.