Sunday 22 June 2008

Well done Number One son

Jake played his first competive games for his new club today, Ruislip Rangers, in a tournament in Yeading.
They played 5 group games, and won all 5, so went through to the Quarter finals. They one their Quarter final game on penalties (Jake scored his). They won their Semi-final on penalties (Jake scored his again) and then to the final... where they won on penalties! (Jake, again, got his.) He also scored 4 goals from open play, one (as described by the wife... I had to stay home to baby sit the dog, he wasn't allowed at the place where the tournament was) was a beautiful volley from a cross to the edge of the box. Wish I could have seen it.
Anyway, a successful weekend for Jake with his new club. It sounds like he impressed his new manager which is what I wanted him to do.

Yes, a new post by me. First of all, I didn't post my last one so I would get lots of comments along the lines of those I have received. Thank you to all those who had expressed their interest in me keeping this going, but believe me it was not a "tell me Im great, validate me" kind of post. I have, and am still having, a hard times of things of late, and finding the motivation for this has become a struggle. However, depending on how each week goes I will endevour to post a bit more. So for those who did comment, and for those who didn't but still want to read about me and my life, thank you for your support.

Peace.

No comments: