Monday 12 May 2008

End of season

How can a weekend in which my team loses 8 - 1 (no, that's not a typo - 8 bloody 1) be a good weekend? Well, it was, really. Saturday after taking Jake to football in the morning, spent most of the day sat in the garden reading and relaxing, and the Saturday night went to my parents house for drinks for my mum's birthday. It was a really good night, I was sensible (alcohol wise), so didn't wake up feeling like death on Sunday, and I haven't laughed so much for a long time. On Sunday it was another relaxing day, then sat and watched the last day of the season unfold on the TV (8 - 1... good grief) in the afternoon. Finally, watched Sergio Garcia go on to win the TPC at Sawgrass (The Players Championship at The Players Club Sawgrass in Florida) in the evening. So a good weekend. This week I will be preparing for my trip to the U.S on Saturday.

Soundtrack of the day: "The Edge Of The Eighties" an Eighties compilation...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My goodness, that was a fun-filled
weekend. Sports, more sports, some food, drink and laughter, garden solitude..everything but the team losing.
The eighties compilation would either make me want to dance or slit my wrist- maybe both...