Tuesday 24 July 2007

I heard the news today, oh boy...

On the way to work this morning I heard a report about a man who had attempted a solo flight across the atlantic, but it "ended in disaster".
Now at first glance, although that sounds bad, it doesn't sound too out of this world...but when you hear the details it makes you think "what the f*ck!?"
First of all he crashed 5 minutes into his flight, into a block of flats. So a journey that was going to take him around 30 hours ended in just 5 minutes. Secondly, the journey was going to be done in a light aircraft..."OK" you think "Its been done before" but the aircraft was home made! I mean come on! The poor man (he unfortunately perished, rest in peace etc.) must have been some kind of mental patient. (The article on the bbc web site here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6912431.stm
doesn't say that the plane was home made, but according to the news on the radio this morning it was). Anyway, it tickled me (not the death bit, but the idea of it...)
I also had one of those out-of-the-blue emails this morning from a friend I haven't heard from in ages. A good friend of mine called Rodney Miller, who lives out in Australia. It was totally unexpected but a really good start to the moring, rather than the usual toss I get in my inbox. If you're reading this Rod, G'day bloke!
Right, I have some work to do today, which is a nice change, so the day should go quite quickly. Oh, and I finished the new Harry Potter book yesterday. The people who die are &l0en3BH8 n88N3-WS02 and wmbfU83-'£% 2UIswyn$&( (bloody keyboard... sorry about that). Peace.

No comments: