Monday 9 July 2007

C# Day 1

DULL. The first day of a course normally is. Its filled with nervous people in the morning all gathering in the coffee room waiting to be called to class. I actually got someone sending me a bluetooth text while I was sitting there in the morning. I dont know who it was from, but someone in the coffee room sent me something saying "Hi how are you". I thought - OK... but ignored it. They then sent a joke about my Bluetooth name, and again I thought "right, someone is a bit weird" but when I ignored that one they sort of got the hint.
Anyway, after the initial morning of sitting around avoiding everyones eyes we go up to class, and then have to do the "Hi, my name is Simon, I work for blah blah blah" to everyone. So we finally get to actual course work by about 10.30. And as its all the intro stuff its very boring. I actually have a guy sat next to me from Ediburgh who came down this morning. He was falling asleep at his desk! I kept on having to cough really loudly to snap him out of it. I spoke to him during a break and he said its no surprise Im knackered I started at 04.00 this morning. Poor bloke.
Anyway, we'll see what happens tomorrow. Have a nice evening all...

No comments: