Monday 19 October 2009

This post brought to you by rice krispies & tea

Good morning children.

And what did we all get up to this weekend? Me? Well...

Jake played in a cup game on Saturday and his team lost 8 - 3. It was embarrassing. The unfortunate thing is, Jake plays up front, so his job is to score goals (which he did again on Saturday) but the rest of the team... well, I don't want to be unkind, but they are not as good as the standard Jake is used to playing, and even he now is starting to become aware of that. He has just started training with another team on a Wednesday night, which is in the division above his current team and play much better football, and if he does well enough there he will be asked to sign with them. So we'll see what happens.

Me, I played on Sunday afternoon (well, the last 15 minutes of the game anyway) and we drew 3 all. We should have won to be honest, we had enough chances, we just couldn't find the back of the net. And City drew 1-1 away from home, with ten men for the last 25 minutes. So that's not too bad, considering.

This week, I have finally got something to do - I've been told by an 'informed source' that it would be beneficial for me to start learning something called Java Server Faces (it's a new type of Java framework). I won't bore you all with the technical mumbo jumbo, suffice it to say I now have things to download and tutorials to follow, so at least I will be busy for a few days.

As for personal time - there's not much in my diary this week. Jake has training tonight, then again on Wednesday, but I have no plans at all.

I hope you all had a nice weekend, and that your Monday is as painless as possible.

Peace.

No comments: