Tuesday 4 March 2008

Which came first...

Last night I had a rather strange dream. Now I know normally, when someone says to you "Oh, I had a really weird dream last night!" you instantly wanna insert something sharp and rusty into them to stop them boring your brain out of your ears... but I wanted to share this one with you because its more the after effects that are weird. (Stop giggling at the back, this is not a rude one).
I dreamed I was driving one of my old cars (for those that know me, remember my gold Cortina??)
Anyway, I was driving this car round a roundabout quite fast, when I flipped it. I had that out of body experience in a dream where you're sort of in it, but also above it, so I saw the car do a full flip and land on its wheels again. The car was knackered, the suspension crushed etc. and I started looking at the tires saying "Oh they were the problem..." and then the dream sort of faded. However, when I woke up, I had an ache in my legs and a stiff neck, as though I had experienced whiplash!! Now did I get this pain because of the way I slept, and so my brain painted a scenario in my dream to give a reason for it... or is it the more spooky reason that I had the dream and got hurt in it! (wwwoooOOOoooo).
Or is it just the boring reason of coincidence...? Comments to the usual address...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, in my opinion, I believe that your brain believed that your body was in the accident, therefore pulling the muscles in your body like it was in the crash.

It's like that dream where you are falling and you wake up just before you hit the ground, and your bed is shaking like you have just fallen back into bed. Creepy...

Unknown said...

Yeah, what nw said.

You need a massage apparently.

Charlie Naseweis said...

I remember your Funky Gold Cortina...didn't it end up in a ditch once?

Simon said...

nw - so you believe in the psychosomatic powers of dreams? Cool...
greeny - now THERE'S an offer!
charlie - yeah, in a ditch... also driven into a skip. But it was cheap, it ran, and I liked it!