Thursday 2 August 2007

Coughing

I can't get rid of this poxy cough. I feel absolutely fine (you know, the normal mixture of paranoia, guilt, tiredness, overweight, old, miserable, angry, etc.) but this bloody cough will not go.
There has been no post for a couple of days - not much going on outside of work, but I have been busy at work for a change so not much chance of getting to write a post. Not much been going on - Jake is at tennis camp all week (its the school holidays), I played golf yesterday (shot 85! woohoo!)
and am playing football tonight. I might be playing golf Friday (dont know yet) and then its the weekend when its supposed to be 27 degrees c. on Saturday... eek! I hate the heat.

Three bad jokes for you:

1. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?," they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."

2. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

3. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him. (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good)..... A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Soundtrack of the day: All the albums by The Black Keys.

2 comments:

sfairman said...

I would like to see this score card of 85!!!!

Simon said...

5 pars, only one 7 and the worst one a 9! all the rest 5's and 6's.
I played well. New grip, new stance.
If you wanna come out for a game, arrange it and let me know and I'll come along.