Tuesday 25 August 2009

Ricky Gervais pod casts

It was an 1hr & 20mins to Birmingham again this morning. (Although why I'm here I don't know, I have NO fcukin' work to do again today...ggrrr). Anyway, not too bad. I can handle that. I was only in traffic for about 10 minutes so that was cool. But to keep me company I had Ricky Gervais' pod casts (with Steve Marchant and Kevin Pilkington). I was in stitches. Seriously, it's hilarious, and I can't believe I've only just discovered it. Most people who read this know who Ricky Gervais is (writer / creater of The Office and Extras) but his pod casts just consist of him, his co-writer Steve Marchant and their producer Kevin Pilkington chatting about stuff. Normally it degenerates into a slagging off of Kevin Pilkington because of his weird views and ideas... I'm not doing it justice, but I highly recommend you getting hold of the 3CD set that I've got and checking it out.
Oh, and I had the worst nights sleep I've had in ages last night. I was waking up a couple of times every hour, from 12.30 until 5.30, worrying that I was going to be late. And every time I woke up, I looked at the clock thinking "It must be nearly time to get up" only to see that time had hardly moved on. It was very disconcerting, and the upshot is I feel like freeze dried crap this morning.
So, if I can think of something interesting to write later, as I have no work, I will do another post.
Peace.

3 comments:

Colin said...

Glad the drive was ok to Brum...


I have to admit i'm not a massive of fan of Ricky gervais. I don't find his humor funny.
I maybe the odd one out but he is not my cup of tea.

peace.

Unknown said...

I have the Gervais/Merchant/Pilkington podcasts and found them hilarious too. Karl is one weird guy who isn't afraid on airing his peculiar views for thousands to hear!

And on the sleep deprivation front, I hear ya bro...!

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.