Monday 17 August 2009

Another day, another new office

First day in my 'local' office today. This is the place I will be hoping to work from a lot more than our Birmingham office. I thought to myself this morning "I'll leave a good half hour to get there, I don't know the route, the traffic could be bad" etc. etc. and how long did it take me? 15 minutes.
OK, there are no schools in at the moment, but still, it's about the same journey time as I am used to back down South, so I'm very happy. It was a weird feeling of being the new boy and imposing myself on the office here today - but then we're all the same company and I should be allowed to work in any office that's linked to my company. So sod 'em all, I'm here, live with it!

We had a good weekend - things were a bit manic on Saturday, shopping, going to Ikea at about 20:00 (don't ask) and watching the football. We had to get ready for our house warming party which we had yesterday. From about 14.00 to 18.00 we had a house full, and it was really good. The booze flowed (well, for some of us) the food was plentiful and nice, and everyone had a great time from what I could tell. The only problem(?) is that we have a lake of booze left. Loads of beer & wine that needs to be drunk... oh the things I have to do.

This week, number one son and the dog are staying with my in-laws, so it's just me & my better half at home. This should give us time to get all the last little bits and pieces sorted, and to have some quiet time.

So, thats about it for now. I'll post more soon, so stay tuned. Peace.

Update: Great impression on my first day in this office - just smashed a whole pint of milk on the floor. Fcuk it.

1 comment:

Miss Wills said...

I'm glad to hear that you are all getting settled in your new home. Going to a new office must feel like going to a new job, and that's never nice, hope you get settled at work soon :)