Tuesday 11 August 2009

A much better journey today

Only an hour and twenty. I know, it still sounds like a long time, but that is purely down to distance, no silly stop-starting or sitting in crawling traffic. But when I got into the office, feeling pleased with myself, one of the other blokes here piped up with "Oh, that was a good journey wasn't it, don't worry, it won't last, that was a fluke". Great. So when the school start up again apparently I can look forward to an extra 30 - 45 minutes on my journey. Hellfire and biscuits.

So it's been a week now since I moved away. Am I settled yet? Not really. Partly because the house is still a bit of a tip, and partly because I haven't really got into a routine yet. But we'll get there.

Soundtrack of the day: "Dear Science" & "Return To Cookie Mountain" by TV On The Radio

9 comments:

Colin said...

You must be missing us Southern Softies... :-0) in your Genes old chap.

Must be hard though for you, I'm sure you will enjoy your new house once you have unpacked properly.

Anonymous said...

when do we get to see pics of the new house then??

Oh and hope your enjoying being a northern monkey...

Steven

Simon said...

I might try and post a few pics of the new house soon. As for being a 'northern monkey'... that'll never happen! London boy through and through

Anonymous said...

The jury is still out on northern monkey.

So what are the golf courses up there like then??

steven

Simon said...

No news on golf courses yet - however, I have the day off Friday and will be trying one then. Not sure which one yet, but a full report will be forthcoming.

Unknown said...

Having done 7 years of 2 hours driving per (work) day, I know how you feel.

Was there not a chance of you working from an office nearer Stockport?

Simon said...

Russ - there is, but I still have to come here at least twice a week at the moment. However, being very quiet on the project front at the moment, I'm hoping to convince my boss that I don't actually have to come here next week!

Colin said...

I hope your Boss will be understanding...

You never know he might say to you work from Manc land all the time...

How are all the Northern Monkeys!

Phil Dawson said...

I only have 1 phrase for you....

"Get back on a bike!"

cmon i know your considering it....traffic WHAT TRAFFIC