Wednesday 16 July 2008

So I'm Back

Hello listeners.
Where to begin? We finally got down to Cornwall at about 22.00 - 22.30. The journey out of London was crap (heavy rain, loads of traffic) so we were really delayed in actually getting going. It didn't help that I got car sick (I know, how old am I, 8?) so we had to stop so I could take over the driving. Once I got behind the wheel, I was fine. (My mate was so good about it, he's brilliant... he even let me drive all the way home to save me feeling ill again. Some people might say that driving four hours straight is mad, but I much prefer driving to be a passenger... anyhow, I digress...)
Didn't do anything Friday night apart from watch a bit of TV and then hit the sack as we were knackered.
Saturday dawned cloudy, but warm and dry, so we hit the surf shop to get me my wet suit and boogie board.

(Excuse the jabbering mental patient in the background)
We then went to the beach for my first taste of body boarding. The first 'session' was pretty crap, I couldn't catch a wave and it wasn't really very windy, but after a short break and a drink the wind picked up and we went back in... and then bang, got one. It was hard to stay on the board because I was laughing so hard. It's weird, you kind of jump up onto the top of the wave just as its breaking, and if you get it right, you get a massive surge that flies you forward toward the beach... and I just found it hilarious. One of my friends who's been before said the same, he was giggling like a school girl the first time, and I can see why. It was even funnier the first time for me because as I was flying through this wave I looked to my right, and there was my best mate... he had caught the same wave! I couldn't stop laughing, I must have swallowed a gallon of sea water...
Anyway, this continued for another couple if hours... catching waves, laughing, it was a fantastic time. We then decided to call it a day around lunchtime, played a bit of beach football, then went off to get something to eat.
After lunch (fish and chips... nice) we went back to the chalet, and the three people who were staying in the chalet with me went off to get some cash and provisions, as I relaxed with a book.
That night, we went to a really nice local pub, where we had some drink, played pool, and generally relaxed... for a stag weekend it wasn't very raucous but I think thats down to our age. We still had a really good time though. Then, Sunday dawned, with near drownings, life saving, hospital visits and mussels in red wine vinegar...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now see- that wasn't so hard to do. Post a bit WITH a pic and you didn't turn into a pumpkin, now did you?!
Sounds like a really good time.