Thursday 30 July 2009

The count down really has started

It's my last day in this office today. Tomorrow I am on leave, we then have the weekend, and then we're moving! Good Lord. They say (whoever 'they' are) that moving house is one of the three most stressful things you can do in your life - and I have to say, 'they' are not wrong. I am unbelievably stressed about this right now. I think about all the stuff I still have to pack, the furniture I need to take apart to get it out of the house, the stuff I still have to take to the tip... and I start getting all cold and shaky and feeling sick. It doesn't help that I have to be in here today, with no work, when I could be at home cracking on. *sigh*.

It feels weird knowing this is the last time (at least for a while) that I'll be sat in this office... it's almost like I'm leaving the company, but I'm not. Very strange. My drawers are clear, my desk will be by the end of the day, and that'll be it. I won't miss some of the people here. They get on my nerves far too easily, and I'll be glad to be away from them. But there are some here I will miss, and it's not like me to feel like that about co-workers. Still, when you've spent five years at a place, I suppose that's only natural.

So it's the end of an era today. I'll post up how the day turns out, but stay tuned to my twitter feeds and I'll try and keep a live feed going on how things pan out. Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that weak sicky feeling associated with moving house, and it's scary when you've got so much physical stuff to do. But once you can get on with the job it will lift and you'll find you can't stop.

Still, you know this, you've done it before. Just make sure you know where the beer is when you get to the other end.

Good luck,
SueH

Charlie Naseweis said...

good luck with the move....if you need a hand with packing then give me a ring....and I'll ask around to see if I can find someone.

cOLIN said...

Yo Simon

do you need help taking crap to the skip. man with van

let me know I'm sure you could do with some help

peace

Unknown said...

Yep, it's always stressful. But keep thinking of that silver-lined cloud... a nice new house that your missus will have you decorating and DIY-ing for the next 12 months!!

Good luck with the move and hope to see you soon.

I would also like to offer my assistance, but I am "labour-alert" until wifey drops the sprog.