Tuesday 14 July 2009

So how did it go?

It was a good laugh actually. First of all the gripe - it wasn't a high enough standard that I really hard to work hard. You see, I tend to play to the level around me, so if I'm playing with / against good players, I work harder and play better. Last night, however, there were only three of us of a decent standard out of twelve, so after the first 10 - 15 minutes I couldn't help but ease off and just have a laugh with it.
That was the only down-side really. The rest of the game was just fun. Some of the players surprised in their ability, and one person was... I can't lie, he was shocking. He had obviously never kicked a ball in his life, and I honestly think number one son would have scored more of the chances he got, (seeing as he scored zero of them, that wouldn't be hard!)
As I haven't played for a good few months now I'm quite stiff and sore this morning, my back in particular, but it was worth it.
Now for another day of doing precisely no work. Yesterday I was in the office at 06.45, left at about 14.45, and did no work at all. This is a bad situation, but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm hoping to speak to someone today to get a bit of work off them, but who knows?
Have a good Tuesday children.
Soundtrack of the day: "Lungs" by Florence & The Machine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

5-a-side is always a laugh. I only loved to really love football after playing 5-a-side.

I would play now if some one asked, even in my flip-flops!