Thursday 9 July 2009

Two things that have turned me on recently

First of all, the Sky One program "Lie To Me". It stars Tim Roth as the head of a team of four people who basically spot liars. They are hired by all sorts of people, companies, even the government, to help spot someone who is lying. They have been used to tell if a criminal has turned over a new leaf, to help find a missing child, to find out who stole company secrets. They do this by 'reading' people and the tell tale signs that show if they are lying or telling the truth. The can be the slightest of things - the slight widening of the nostrils, swallowing at the wrong point, a twitch of a hand. I know I have not done the show justice with that description, and you're probably thinking it sounds boring... but trust me, it's not. I'm completely hooked.
Tim Roth is superb as the lead 'interrogator', and some of the story lines have been very clever. Unfortunately, there aren't many episodes left, but you still have the chance to catch it tonight on Sky One at 22.00. I caught up on the last three episodes last night, and two of the episodes brought tears to my eyes... they are that good. Highly recommended.

The second thing that I'm into at the moment is the new album by Florence & The Machine, called "Lungs". Check it out.

Soundtrack of the day: duh....

7 comments:

purplegirl said...

I haven't watched that show yet, but I've seen some previews and thought it looked pretty cool.

Charlie Naseweis said...

I'm really getting into CSI (Miami/New York/Vegas) at the moment. A bit glitzy but fascinating all the same.

John said...

Sounds good just set it to record on the iPhone. Have you watched "The Mentalist"? It is on the same lines in that the lead character is trained to spot minute details, and through these observations he helps the police solves crimes.

Simon said...

Don't talk to me about recording on the iPhone - I can't get the fcukin' thing to work, no matter WHAT I do. And yes, I have followed the instructions! More than once.

John said...

Just an quick update from my last post if you have not yet watched "The Mentalist" it is on Channel 5 tonight at 21:00. I keep having a few issues with the iPhone recording myself some days are better than others.

Unknown said...

Been watching LIE TO ME since the beginning. Love to sit with the family and try to figure out the killer or the plot before it happens. I live with 2 very smart men!!

Simon said...

Tina - welcome to my blog (spread the word! Yes, I'm audience hungry). Yes, I like watching the series and trying to spot the tell-tale signs of lying etc. I've even started paying more attention to peoples mannerisms when they talk to me to try and spot micro-expressions!