Wednesday 8 October 2008

You know its bad...

... when you dream about waking up, and getting ready for work, and the you actually have to wake up and get ready for work. That sucks.

I haven't shaved for ages, so I look like Robinson Crusoe, and the beardy hair is starting to get that horrible itchy, scratchy feeling... but I think I'm going to keep it going as long as possible. Yes, I am aiming for a ginger beard... won't that be nice. (Mind you, there are a worrying amount of white hairs in my beard, so maybe it'll be ginger with a distinguished white tinge).

Jake is playing in his first football match for his school tonight. He had 'trials' last week, and has been picked to represent his school. (Not to sound too much like the proud father, but I would have been extremely surprised if he hadn't been picked. He is easily one of the best footballers in his year, in the top 5, if not top 3).
I played for my junior school team (in fact, myself and another boy, Jonathan Morrow, were the first two picked to train with the squad of boys that were in the top year - yes we were that good!) and I'm sure I even captained them for one game. I'm pleased Jake is going to get to experience that.

Soundtrack of the day: Old skool nu-metal (Linkin Park, Lost Prophets) and some Heavy Metal Ragga (Skindred) - I want something loud and obnoxious...

No comments: