Monday 24 September 2007

A New World

I've seen a new world... a world of comfort, leg room, good service, a choice of menu, free drinks and flat out sleeping... I've seen the world of long haul business class.
Yes, I splurged on the way back from Chicago and upgraded myself to Business Class. And by Odin's trident, what a difference.
I had an assigned seat in economy class for somewhere in the middle of a row on the way back and asked to change, but because the flight was so full they couldn't really do anything, so I thought "Sod it" and took the hit on the plastic. But it was SO worth it. All the things listed above made such a difference on a 7 hour flight. But anyway, Im back now and back to reality. Shockin' weather this morning, knackered air conditioning in the office etc. But I did get to drink a proper cup of tea first thing in the morning (which you can't get in the U.S).
All in all, the trip out in the U.S was very productive, enjoyable, and worthwhile. I had a great time with my friend Scott out there, and I've come back to the U.K with some decent work to be getting on with. I found it easy to get over the jet lag thing because I arrived home at 07.00 on Saturday and stayed up all day until around 21.30 (about 33 hours with the time difference) so although I was K N A C K E R E D it was worth it.
Anyway, I should be back to more regular updates this week, so tune in again soon listeners...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you get prettier flight attendents in first class?

Simon said...

Charlie - yes, I must admit, the munters were confined to economy class and the smiling, slim, nice smelling, flirty ones were kept for us in Business and First...