Wednesday 12 September 2007

Deja Vu

We all know what deja vu is. Personally, it creeps me out a bit, so when I experience it, I tend to try and do something that breaks the cycle. (Saying something random, moving in an unexpected way etc.). Normally, when I experience it, it lasts between 10 and 30 seconds and it only really happens once or twice every couple of weeks. Yesterday, however, I had a very strange day... from about mid afternoon until bed time I experienced it in tiny, short bursts every half hour or so. When I say short bursts, I literally mean for about a second I had that horrid deja vu feeling. I would be sitting there, watching TV (while I was at home, not work, obviously) and 'bang' a split second of deja vu then 'bang' its gone. It was such a weird feeling. A lot of experts think deja vu is linked to certain chemicals in the brain, and if thats the case I have no idea what the chemicals in my brain were doing yesterday. As an aside, I dont know why but I usually associate deja vu with something bad happening... isn't that weird?
Anyway, another boring day lined up today. No work to do, so I will be clock watching all day itching to get home. Have a good Wednesday all...

No comments: